Monday 1 April 2013

All a bit Creepie Cutie!

  
Hiya everyone, 

This is my very 1st DT card for my very 1st "A Little Bit Crafty" challenge that starts today!    To kick it all off I decided on an "anything goes" challenge - please see the challenge post here for full details.

I have used a fab digi from one of our fab sponsors called "Left behind" which I think is awesome!  It's completely different from my usual stuff but I do love to try different stuff as and when I get the chance which is one of the reasons for starting up a new challenge.  I decided there wasn't many challenges out there where you could enter non card stuff therefore, this challenge will accept most handmade crafty makes as long as they fit the theme!
It also gives me chance to use stamps that I love that I never get chance to use and to have a dabble with stuff from our sponsors that I'd never normally get chance to have a play with!

My card blank is an 8x8 so it's quite a large card but I wanted the digi nice and BIG!  I printed him out a few times and coloured him in with my promarkers and flexmarkers.  I then and layered him up.  I added a real big black button over his button of an eye and some glossy accents to his tear although you may not be able to tell from the piccie.
 
The print paper is from a Melody Ross paperstack called Soul food that was a leftover from a Cardmaking & Papercraft  magazine commission a while ago.  Most of the papers I don't think I'll use but I loved this text paper and only have 1 sheet left now.  That's what I hate about paperstacks - there's alway some of the papers you really love and some you wouldn't touch with a barge pole! Lol

The border is a Tim Holtz die called "washer border" and this is the first time I've used it.  I have bought quite a few things that are different from my normal style as I really want to experiment with different styles and techniques. You may or may not like what I make but I'm open to constructive criticism!  The letters are made using my Sizzix "Spazzghetti" alphabet.  I've had it for years and never used it before....**hangs head in shame**

The fab sponsors we have for this challenge are:-

 
$20 voucher for Lacy Sunshine
 
3 free digis
 
£10 Voucher

The prizes above are found by random.org although we pick a Top3 and a Guest Designer if you would like to be considered for it.  All I ask is that in order to win you MUST be a follower of the challenge blog although you can enter the challenge without if you prefer.

As this is an anything goes challenge, I have restricted it to a 1 entry per person, but normally it will be a 3 entry per person challenge.  As this is a all craft challenge I hope that you will join us with your scrapbook pages, altered art and anything else crafty!
Please check out the fab DT inspiration we have for you - if you click the "current challenge here" button anytime, it will always take you to the challenge.  This will save you scrolling though all my posts trying to find it!

I really hope you make something that you can enter our challenge.   The challenge is open until the 28th April and a new challenge will start on the 1st May.
Are you A little bit crafty?
Thanks for looking!






6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Paula. Really loving the colour scheme...so trendy and fab for both the lads and lasses.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. great images - love the newsprint too xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Paula, that image is so sweet :)

    Tags xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool card, Paula. Love the image with the button as an eye xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done and good luck with your new challenge Paula and your card is stunning!! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab card Paula, love the button eye.
    Wendy x

    ReplyDelete