Friday 25 March 2011

Last of Joanna Sheen "ocean" DT cards


Hiya Everyone,

This is the last of my Joanna Sheen DT cards that I made with the new "tales of the ocean" stamp sets. The paper is from one of my Summer Driggs kits although I can't remember which one as I made it a few weeks ago now. The quote I found on google which I printed out with fab handwriting font called "schoon" which I downloaded free from here. The shells and sentiment were stamped from the sheet and I coloured in the images with my promarkers. The longer shell was layered up for a bit of interest. Starfish charm and crochet lace from quixotic paperie which I love.

I am still working on the next batch of Joanna Sheen DT cards.
3 down - 6 more to go! They aren't stamps I would choose to work with personally but I'm quite chuffed with my efforts so far. Working outside your comfort zone can be fun and surprising as I've found with these. It gives you chance to do something a little different. They are needed for shows on 9th/10th April so I'll be able to post them then.

I will enter this into the following challenges:-

Creative cowgirls - Monochromatic

Thanks for looking!!!

Paula. x

5 comments:

  1. Nice card Paula keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning card, Paula. Love the color combo and how you layered all the DP and the images. You are right, challenges are designed to make us think and create. Good luck, I am sure they will all be lovely.Thanks for joining us this week at The Creative Cowgirls for our monochromatic challenge. We hope to see you again on Sunday for our next challenge:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! Love the vintage look and the lace!
    Thanks for playing along at creative cowgirls challenge,
    Marianne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card Paula and thanks for visiting my blog. xx

    ReplyDelete