Monday 10 January 2011

Simple monochrome card


Hiya Everyone!

I've been very busy re-jigging my craft room and making better use of the space I have this week. I have put my new promarker storage unit after I finally finshed it into my craft room as I finished it off downstairs watching TV and it stayed there till I could be bother moving it Lol!

This card is the first card I've made especially for blog challenges this year. I have used this fabulous bird digi stamp which is a freebie download from pink petticoat which can be found here. I cut a square of white card which I cut roughly in half and used my swiss dots embossing folder to emboss the bottom half. I stuck both halves onto a slightly larger light pink square. I then took some pink ribbon and tied it to the side of the card. I printed out my image onto rymans card which I then mounted onto the same pink card. I coloured in the flowers, hearts and beak with my rose pink promarker and used my diamond stickles glitterglue on the wing of the bird and around the edge of the white card. I mounted this with foam pads to the left of the bow. I then added 3 pink adhesive gems to the top left corner to finish it off.

It is a lot plainer than I would normally make but I made it specifically for a number of challenges that I'd been eyeing up in the last few days.

I am entering it into the following challenges:-

Paper play - Clean and simple
Reasonable ribbon - Something new (Image - I've had it a while but never used it before)
Stamp something - Digi image
Stampin' bees - Old and new (Image is new(ish) - everything else I've had for ages)
Speedy the cats friends - Embossing
Alys sun challenge - Things with wings
Crafty Ho's - Monochrome
Sentimental sunday - Anything with wings
ECP - Old stash (Image is new(ish) - everything else I've had for ages)
Fun at fairy knoll - All that glitters
If the shoe fits - Ribbons and bows
Crazy 4 challenges - Photo inspiration (Pink and sparkly)
Our creative corner - Photo inspiration (Birds/snow/winter/berries etc)
Secret crafter - Texture (embossing/ribbon/glitter)
Cupcake craft challenge - Something new (Image - I've had it a while but never used it before)
Incy wincy designs - Go dotty (swiss dots embossing folder)
Lexi's creations - Say it with love
Ooh la la craft blog - Bling it on
Pollycraft monday challenge - New things (Image - I've never used it before)
The crazy challenge - Animals
Whoopsi daisy challenge - No designer papers
Tuesday throwdown - embossing
Catch the bug - embossing
Rainbow lady's challenge - It's all new to me (Image - never used before)
Delicious doodles - New (Image - never used before)
CES challenge blog - All creatures great and small
Fab 'n' funky challenges - Anything goes
Craft your days away - Anything goes


Thanks for looking!!!

Paula. x

30 comments:

  1. Hi Paula, what a pretty card, sweet & simple. I found that freebie as well, but haven't got around to using it yet. Gosh, you are entering a lot of challenges, aren't you? Good luck with them all.
    Sally x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiya paula!

    Such a cute card hun!, very pretty and the image is adorable :o)
    Thanks again for the promarker chart!!

    Hugs Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Paula,
    I love this card as I'm very much a CAS kinda girl!
    Sarah xx :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card, it may be simple but soooooo effective! Love it!
    Thanks for joining us at Rainbow Lady's Challenge and Fairy Knoll this week
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely card, beautifully made. Like the birdie. Thank you for joining us at Rainbow Lady's challenge this week.
    Jen x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hiya Paula,

    Love your ikkle card! Simple and beautiful :)

    Meesh. XX

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Paula! Your card is very beautiful. Can't wait to see more of you over at "The Shoe"!
    -Tanisha

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card, Paula! A really cute image, a fab choice of colours and a perfect layout! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake and good luck! Delphine xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Paula, what a pretty card. I love the cute image and the hint of glitter is stunning. Thanks for joining in with my "something new" challenge over at cupcake craft challenge this week. Hugs, Denise x
    By the way expect lots of emails soon as I mentioned your PM storage on the PFP blog today :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a cuate image and a lovely card. Thanks so much Love Cynthia x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so cute..i adore the soft colour! Thanks for playing at LC

    hugs Lexi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hiya, Ah this is great thanks for playing along on Rainbow Lady this week Hazelxox

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey Paula!! I love this card - that image is so cute and you have highlighted it perfectly with the Stickles. The Swiss Dots EF is just an essential, isn't it? LOL.

    Thanks for joining us over at Lexi's Creations - good luck in the mammoth list of challenges you have entered!!

    I saw your photo in the Card Making & Papercraft magazine - a very well done to you - you must have been thrilled!!

    Why not pop on over to my blog? I have candy available until the 31st.

    Lou Mac. xo - your new follower.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a gorgeous card, love the image and all the sparkle. Thanks for joining in this weeks Fairy Knoll Challenge. Hugs Shelley xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. A fantastic card. Thanks for joining us at Fab n Funky this week x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely work. Thanks for joining us at CCC.

    Liza x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely and clean card hun.
    Thank you for playing along in our Delicious Doodles Challenge this week, and good luck!
    Hugs,
    Teri x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very sweet image. Thanks for playing at Whoopsi Daisy.
    Hugs Nataliya

    ReplyDelete
  19. Super cute card ~ love the sparkle! :) Thanks for joining us at Fairy Knoll! Smiles ~ Brandi

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Paula, what a fantastic card, stunning in its simplicity. Thanks for playing along with us at OLL this time. Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh I don't think it's plain at all! It's great! Thanks for embossing with us this week at Catch the Bug and hope to see you again next week.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the clean and simple design of this beautiful card - the Pink Petticoat image is fabulous. Thank you for joining us at Sentimental Sundays this week. Hugs, Sylvia xxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. A pretty card. Lovely colors and cute image. Thank you for joining us at Catch the Bug Challenge blog for our Emboss it Challenge! Hope you will join us Saturday for our Birthday Blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great card! Thanks for joining us for the CES Challenge!
    Jane
    x

    ReplyDelete
  25. This turned out just lovely!! Thanks so much for playin' along with this weeks Catch The Bug "Emboss It" Challenge with Bugaboo Stamps!
    We hope you'll join us tomorrow for our BIG Birthday Blog Hop!!
    Hugs & Happy Days!
    ~Min

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful card - love the simplicity of it. Thanks for joining in our Bling it on challenge at Ooh La La this time.
    Hugs
    Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
  27. Beautiful card, love the sparkle. Thanks so much for joining our challenges at WHOOPSI DAISY, FAIRY KNOLL and CRAFTY HOs.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Absolutely stunning. Thanks for joining us at CYDA too.

    Mel X

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi Paula! There is a surprise for you on the Incy WIncy Designs Challenge blog! Go check it out!! CONGRATS!!!
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  30. So simple and so effective how lovely

    ReplyDelete